Women Owned Business in the United States
- More than 11.6 million firms are owned by women, employing nearly 9 million people, and generating $1.7 trillion in sales as of 2017.
- Women-owned firms (51% or more) account for 39% of all privately held firms and contribute 8% of employment and 4.2% of revenues.
Businesses Owned by Women of Color
- 5.4 million firms are majority-owned by women of color in the U.S.
- These firms employ 2.1 million people and generate $361 billion in revenues annually.
Million Dollar Businesses
- One in five firms with revenue of $1 million or more is woman-owned.
- 4.2% of all women-owned firms have revenues of 1 million or more.