Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. recently announced its 2022 supplier diversity award winners during its annual Leadership Awards ceremony. This year’s award winners are comprised of minority business enterprises, corporations and supporting partners from the Southern region — Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.
“These MBEs and corporations are leaders in their respective industries,” said Alvin-o Williams, president and CEO of SRMSDC. “They have set the standards, and their awards are a testament to the positive and encouraging work they do.”
MBEs and corporations were nominated by their industry peers. An independent committee of supplier-diversity managers and business owners scored each nominee based on five sets of criteria. Along with the recognition during the annual awards show, winners each received a plaque. The winners are:
• MBE Supplier of the Year – Class 1 (annual sales less than $1 million): African Bean Co. LLC
• MBE Supplier of the Year – Class 2 (annual sales $1 million to $10 million): AE Touch Technologies
• MBE Supplier of the Year – Class 3 (annual sales $10 million to $50 million): PROJECTXYZ Inc.
• MBE Supplier of the Year – Class 4 (annual sales more than $50 million): Kaul Glove & Manufacturing Co. dba Choccow-Kaul Distribution Co.
• Regional Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Year: Nissan North America Inc.
• Regional Automotive Prime Supplier of the Year: Systems Electro Coating LLC
• Regional Corporation of the Year: Tennessee Valley Authority
• National Corporation of the Year: Toyota Motor North America Inc.
• Buyer of the Year: John Diendorf, BP America Inc.
• Corporate Advocate of the Year: Jean-Marc Villain, Ochsner Health System Inc.
• Supporting Partner of the Year: Birmingham Business Resource Center
For 49 years, SRMSDC has provided thought leadership and results-driven counsel to ethnic minority suppliers and large buying organizations in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. As it looks toward a more equitable and inclusive future, Williams said the Council intends to focus on being more intentional with all our stakeholders to encourage a more sustainable and circular ecosystem for all.
To learn more about SRMSDC, visit srmsdc.org.
Alvin-o Williams, president and CEO, Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council Inc.
Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. minority business enterprises Alvin-o Williams African Bean Co. LLC AE Touch Technologies PROJECTXYZ Inc. Kaul Glove & Manufacturing Co. Choccow-Kaul Distribution Co. Nissan North America Inc. Systems Electro Coating LLC Tennessee Valley Authority Toyota Motor North America Inc. BP America Inc. John Diendorf Ochsner Health System Inc. Jean-Marc Villain Birmingham Business Resource Center